Cromwell College Foundation looks to alumni, families of students and others to assist the College prepare for the future. It gives all those in the wider community who make up the friends of Cromwell, an opportunity to contribute, in a tax-effective way to the ongoing story of the College.
Established in 1987, the Cromwell College Foundation is guided by the following objectives:
- Endowing scholarships, fellowships and bursaries
- Preserving, developing and improving College buildings and facilities
- Acquiring property.
- Developing and improving the standards of student facilities.
Neither Cromwell College nor the Foundation receives any financial assistance from The Uniting Church of Australia (Queensland Synod), The University of Queensland or local, state and federal Governments.
The Foundation is committed to obtaining donations and investing them wisely to better serve the current and future needs of the College. Examples of what funding has provided include:
- Helen Begbie Memorial Bursary. Supports a new student who would not otherwise be able to live in college.
- Rev Dr G Lindsay Lockley Fund. Supports current students who fall into financial difficulties who, without assistance, would need to withdraw from College.
- Providing up to date educational technology.
- Providing facilities such as air conditioning the computer room, obtaining new dining room tables and chairs and the grand piano
- Providing funding for the development of Campus Lodge.
The bursary program has been the focus of Foundation activity from our inception.
A great strength of Cromwell is found in its diversity and culture of inclusivity. The bursary program is designed to keep the unique Cromwell experience open to as many students as possible. The Foundation runs the Cromwell bursary program by virtue of generous donations from our community.
If you would like to donate, please click here and follow the prompts to make a secure payment. If you’d prefer to make alternative arrangements for a donation please be in contact with the Office by phone +61 7 3377 1300 or via the form below, or by downloading the donation form attached. All donations are tax deductible.